The little things in life are what makes life worth living. I've been fairly apathetic as of late and today seems to have been the biggest part of that upswing I've so desperately needed. Just about a month ago I started a quick downward spiral of depression. I stopped going to church and essentially abandoned the things I claimed to be most dear. My friends stuck by me and I clung to them to try to satisfy the empty feeling inside me, and that worked for a while. Friends can only do so much for you. I continued in my depression for weeks on end keeping my life mundane and filling my free time with escapist ideals, fantasy and whims. Everything just seemed so empty and unfulfilled. Life was so much dimmer in the place that I was.
My friends finally decided to intervene seeing that I was desperate for something more in life. Today (Sunday) I went with my friends to Vintage 21, not the church I am a member of. While it wasn't the sudden quickening from the dead that I was looking for, it was the first step that God was using to get me back to where I know He want's me to be. After church I played frisbee with some of my other friends and then cooked for a few of the people that I went to church with that morning. Wine, food and friends that actually care make are what is needed in this crazy time for me. Whether I realize it or not God is looking out for me. He knows I don't always realize what He's doing for me.
One step at a time.
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment